Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Training for 2007 . . . or not

I have been so good about taking October off. I have done virtually nothing structured since my marathon on September 30. So today was supposed to be my first bike ride to start my base. Ha! The wind and rain came -- oh wait, I'm riding indoors. Alright, surely Conor's 9:00 AM soccer game will be cancelled -- no, my phone check with his coach at 8:30 revealed an indoor game. Off to soccer instead of my bike ride. Then a flurry of shopping for food and stuff for Liam's soccer team party tomorrow afternoon. Fine, I'm home all afternoon and should have time to ride. Well, that damn Hawaii time difference still has me messed up (seriously?) so a little nap is in order. Finally, time to ride late today, but wait -- I'm dying to make this broccoli soup recipe Naira gave me. So now I sit here while the soup is simmering. No riding tonight -- we're off to a martini party! Sacrifices must be made!

Tomorrow should be a good day to run to church. I promised after I skipped last time and we had that little earthquake thing in Kona. Better take it easy on the martinis . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home