Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More foot stuff . . .

Well, I'm losing track of the number of cortisone injections in my left heel and now the top of my foot (that's really fun!). I think today was 4 & 5. There is a bone on the top of my foot that is out and we can't pop it back in -- from all of my overcompensation. Oh this is fun!

I've been down and out -- of training the last couple weeks. I got on the bike last night and my heart rate shot waaaay up.

Someday I'll feel like an athlete again . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

I'm sorry to hear about that buddy. Is there nothing they can do besides inject you. Good luck with the healing!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deirdre - Who is your podiatrist, and how do you manage your shoes with a lump on the top of one of your feet? I've had a problem since September after stress fractures and a staph infections. The doctors around here don't have time to look at it, but I suspect there is something going on when my foot is structurally different then it was and swells up for days even after runs less than 10 miles on soft ground.

You have a lot of muscle; I think you'll heal well.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Clot Buster said...

My friend,
Hang in there. Take advantage of this down time to do some things you could not before. Please keep us in the loop about your foot. With the proper healing time you will be back in business in no time. We are thinking about you down here in Columbus.
All the Best!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home