Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lake Placid - Monday

Speed skating oval (aka the final steps for Ironman USA)

The boys just can resist the snow


Mirror Lake is clear and calm -- simply beautiful!


Liam and Conor are enjoying the loft -- they created parachutes out of everything

The view from our condo


OK, before I talk about Lake Placid, did you ever think something to yourself like, "hmmm, I've never seen this weed before and I hope it isn't poison ivy" and pull it anyway, forget about it, then adjust your bikini? Well, I did. . . . . needless to say I have little spots of poison ivy popping up in, ahhh interesting places. . . . ok, not really that bad, but around my bikini lines. Fun, huh?

Lake Placid is beautiful. We rode bikes around yesterday trying to find some off the way routes. We stumbled upon a stunning soccer field and plan to head back there today (even though I left my boots at home). In the afternoon we walked from the condo all the way through downtown and back along the beach. I'm notoriously NOT a shopper, but there were huge sales and we got t-shirts and shorts for under $12 all around. OK, the only splurge was the Life is Good triathlon t-shirt that is exclusive for Lake Placid . . . . set me back $25. Oh well, all the other bargains made up for it.

The Ironman signs are starting to go up in the shops and the tents were being erected in the oval when we were out yesterday. We also stumbled upon a Monday night triathlon at Mirror Lake on our way back to the condo. Too bad we didn't know, I would have jumped in!

Today looks beautiful. We're planning to head to the beach and relax. I've got my trashy mag and book to read. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home