Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yeah, they're fake!


Training has been going great and the weight training has really put me in my best body shape in years. . . . . with one exception. My boobs (ok, not that there was much, but at least I had a little) -- totally gone. I caught my reflection in the window after a swim and saw that my heart rate monitor protruded farther than anything else (see photo -- that bump is the HRM), and well, damn that just stinks! I also noticed that some of the fit, healthy women in Oxygen and the fitness center have had breast augmentation and I thought "why not me?" I spent 1 1/2 years pregnant, 5 1/2 years breastfeeding, and I have 13-15% body fat. I think I've earned a little boost. Bill was supportive (no pun intended) and the boys were cool with it. So, long story short, I got my "twins" on the 29th (does that mean they only age every four years???)!

I am amazed at how I walked into the surgery center at 10:30 and walked back out at 2:30 (albeit with an extra pound and a half on my chest!) and was out watching (what else) soccer and basketball the next day. OK, I was on pain meds and Bill was shuttling me around, but nonetheless, it was almost too easy. My recovery is going great, but I still have some bruising and they need to settle down into place. I was able to lift and ride a week after surgery and now I'm back to everything except running and swimming (no, they won't make me more buoyant!).


The other benefit from this (ok, I'm sure there are a number of benefits :-)) is that we discovered I have a umbilical hernia that needs repaired. I just chalked it up to the second pregnancy, but now I'm looking at a hernia repair later this year. At least I am totally comfortable with my surgeon (Dr. Steven Goldman at Beachwood Plastic Surgery -- love the whole staff!) and have no qualms about going under again.

DeSoto Sport was wonderful, as always, too! I bought a couple bathing suits last year before my Snickers discount was gone. Well, I started with a small top which was more suited for a 9 year old girl. So they let me switch it for a medium top which has been hanging in the bag -- tags and all -- behind my bedroom door since December -- patiently awaiting the warm days ahead. Well, ummm, I now need a large (their sizes really do run small -- I didn't go crazy with the size -- really!!). I emailed them and explained my "predicament" and they told me to send them back and we could exchange with no problem!! I love DeSoto! The 2008 DeSoto catalog does include my cocktail fueled love note about the T1 wetsuit . . . . which I'm not sure will fit any longer . . . . oh heck, I may be ordering more. . . .

Oh, a special thanks to Kathleen and Alyson for the personalized card with my blog photos photoshopped onto the likes of Pam Anderson and Anna Nicole Smith! Nice!

I guess it isn't ALL about the booty!


2 Comments:

Blogger Clot Buster said...

My Friend,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
(I guess that I can say that to the successful installation of your new parts...). Good for you!!! I hope that your recovery is going well. Soon enough you will be back in business. Will your center of gravity be thrown off some? I am looking forward to see you guys when you come down in April. I am thinking of racing the Half that day and then do some more as my last long run of the training before the marathon. I'll make sure I give Bill a head start this time around...
Are we going to get some photos with the new additions? We got the pre-photos now the people is demanding some post-op photos...
Please say hello to the gang for me...!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, i must say, they look great :P

Bill must be pleased, good for both of you! :)

- Aussie

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home