Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Big Day

It is 4:20 AM here and I've been up for almost an hour. Chuck and Naira still appear to be sleeping since I don't see any light from their room across the pool. I am excited to see how the day plays out.

Last night we had dinner at home -- fabulous pasta with meat and mushrooms, salad, garlic bread, wine. Of course I ate like I was competing . . . Naira is an incredible cook. After dinner we had a contest to see who we thought would win -- the only rule was you could not pick Natascha or Michellie for the women. I went with Kate Major (I think top 3 are Natasha, Kate, and Lori Bowden -- not sure on the actual order). For the guys -- it is truly wide open there too. I picked Cameron Brown, but would not be surprised by Chris McCormack coming through first. Luke Bell could be in the mix too. OK, what the hell do I know?

See you after the race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home