Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Ironman Florida and shout outs!

As I watch the Ironman Florida online, I remembered one of the interesting tidbits from Hawaii. When Normann Stadler came in on the bike, he basically threw it to the bike "catcher" and the poor catcher immediately dropped the bike! Yikes!! I wouldn't want to be that volunteer.

Anyway, it is cool to watch the Florida race unfold. I enjoy keeping tabs on all the Ohio gang and especially the CTC folks.

Bill and I went for a swim together this morning. I hopped into his lane and was impressed with his swim improvement. His feet are like built in flippers for goodness sake -- size 16!! It was good to go over a mile --especially with this yucky cold that has been bugging me most of the week.

We have another Halloween party tonight -- shhhh, I'm going to be a mime, but don't give that away just yet :-). Bill is going as something unprintable at this point. Who says Halloween ends on October 31!

OK, some shout outs -- first to Chuck and Bev from good old Perry Township!! Very nice to hear from you. Give my best to Doug, Debbie and their families also!!

To Velta - enjoy Myrtle Beach and thank you for the beautiful jewelry -- you are the best!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home