Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Brrrrrrr!

Sorry about the absence -- I've been scrapbooking, playing soccer mom, working from home on SNOW DAYS (yet again, today), and training -- slowly, but surely --- ok, mostly slowly.

My foot was doing so much better and I was up to 14 miles of total running a couple weeks ago, then BAM! Last Thursday while running (on the indoor track) I could feel constant pain in the heel. When I stopped, it was as bad as I can remember it being. I haven't run since then and it is doing better today. I was hoping I tore the fascia so it would be done and over with, but I don't think I've done the job yet.

The alternative treatment is a session with something used to bust up gall stones -- basically, they give you a local, pound it like hell for 7 minutes, then send you home with no anti-inflammatories, only pain meds. The heel pain should be gone in 3-6 months -- 90% success rate, but not covered by most insurance. I'm not at this point yet, but it is good to know there is a non-surgical option.

The top of my foot (cuboid bone) doesn't stick up -- only hurts when I do certain yoga poses or my podiatrist jabs it really hard. It is probably out of whack from walking funny to compensate for my heel spur. So if I fix the heel spur pain, then perhaps I can get the cuboid back where it belongs and -- Viola! No more foot pain . . . . . I will get there . . . eventually, eventually . . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Sorry to hear about your foot! That is so frustrating!

Happy Snow Day!!!!

Jodi

10:13 AM  
Blogger JenC said...

Good luck with your foot. I hope you get it figured out soon.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home