Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I've been absent from posting for almost a month, so I'll keep it short and sweet . . . .

The Good - First off, I am officially on the Snickers Marathon Team for 2007!! Secondly, I ran five miles outside last Saturday on a country club golf course path. It was gorgeous!! However, that leads me to . . .

The Bad -- my heel spur hurts (almost) all the time! Since I haven't been able to string together consistent running (and my yearly total is still less than 100 miles), I canceled out of my half marathon next month. And totally unrelated is . . .

The Ugly -- I have a delightful rash on my calves. It doesn't make sense, but it occurred when I used a "glow" lotion to get ready for a trip to Castaway Bay last weekend. I used the darn stuff everywhere, but I got a rash just on my calves. Of course, I blamed the water there too, but anyway it is slowly clearing up -- yuck!

OK, hopefully the bad and the ugly are ready to go far, far away. Today I am having the Extracorporeal Shockwave Treatment done. I'm planning on the luck of the Irish to work for me!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

Thats great!...That sucks...Thats Awful.
I hope your heels heal soon. I look forward to seeing your Snickers suit out on the courses the summer.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home