Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Birthday fun, friends, and futbol

This weekend was our trip to Columbus for the Columbus Crew soccer game. I got an early ride in Saturday morning on the Greater Cleveland Tri course. Three loops of the hill did the trick! I followed that with a short run, then the road trip began. Thirteen of us made the trek and we checked in to the hotel and hit the pool before the game. We decided to get an extra room for the kids -- they loved it!

We got to the parking lot and did our best to find shade to start our tailgate. I'm glad the semi trailers next to us weren't loaded with flammables!


My clot buster friend, Roland, and his wife, Liz, joined us for the picnic and the game. He's racing in Muncie this coming weekend, so here's to a great race and much luck raising funds for NATT!


Here are five of our Mentor Viper Soccer team members -- Liam and his buddies!

Great game! The Crew scored two in the final 15 minutes for a 2-0 final score. Freddie Adu from Real Salt Lake wasn't there, but we enjoyed the game in an awesome stadium.


We got back to the hotel and swam and partied much later than I figured we would. It was a blast, but Tina and I planned an early long run for Sunday. We did make the run down to Olentangy River trail and looped around a lake. Nine miles to kick off my 43rd birthday - sweet!

Here are two of my three biggest fans! These are the best birthday gift I could ever have.

What an awesome weekend and a fantastic way to bring in my birthday with my family, great friends, and a whole lot of fun!!

2 Comments:

Blogger qcmier said...

Hey, Just wanted to say I met another Snickers Girl in Wisconsin this past weekend.

Great job in WV and good luck with the rest of the season. Hope to see you and the butt band at the GCT.

11:05 AM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Oh wait, Happy Birthday!!!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home