Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Morgantown Half Iron - here we go!

I just checked the weather for today's race and it could not be better! In the mid-50s at the start and gradual climb into the 70s around 11:00 AM, with a mid-70s high at 2:00 PM --- when I will hopefully be done.

We got in late yesterday, got our bikes checked in and met Mark and Anne for dinner at Oliverio's. It was wonderful and there were another dozen or so Cleveland Tri Club members there for dinner too.

My biggest concern today is the transition from the swim to the bike. The swim start/finish moved to the boat house and the run -- on pavement -- is 250+ yards! I haven't been barefoot that far and on pavement, nonetheless, in ages. My only hope is to take my running shoes and put them by the finish. Baring that, I will be walking/hobbling my way to a very long transition time!

OK, time to get moving along here! I'm excited more for Bill at this point --- his first international distance race -- hopefully he has fun!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home