Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Swim Workouts . . . sort of

Finally I am getting swim workouts in this week! Liam is at a basketball camp that lets out at 3:15 each day, so I am going to work early and leaving early to get him. The routine is to head to the pool where Conor is at camp and swim for 45 minutes to an hour. This means I am swimming with a few hundred of my friends -- who are mainly interested in jumping in from the side and throwing balls at each other. It is actually kind of fun to swim through and around groups of kids playing, teenagers groping each other, and adults bobbing around the water. Good training for navigating the race swims! At 4:00 the kids have to get out and I get 15 glorious minutes to swim in the 50 meter outdoor lanes -- going from yards to meters is brutal, but I'm getting used to it.

I went to my PT on Monday and my hip was really messed up. I'm wearing my trusty "butt band" around most of the day and will stop in to see him tomorrow and hope I'm still in place. I race in Morgantown on Sunday, so I'm hoping I can keep my hips in check for a whole week!!

Bill will be racing his first International Distance race there too! I can't wait for him to jump up from sprint to a longer race.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clot Buster said...

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND GUYS!!!
Bill you are going to have to pace yourself now...!
Enjoy your time in Morgantown. I am not going to miss those hills at all.
I look forward to hear how it goes for you guys!

5:23 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

Good luck to both of you! Have a fabulous race and hope your hips treat you well!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home