Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Coffee and travel trials and tribulations

What??! Do I have to take a page from Lance and bring my entire coffee machine when I travel??

OK, we got to the resort last night and hit the room just before midnight. Once we're in, I discover this queer little coffee contraption that only makes one cup at a time --- with their supplied "packet" of coffee. I've got my own little "coffee bag" all prepped with a fresh full bag of my favorite Starbucks Italian Roast -- BOLD, baby! So, I make a cup with the supplied coffee this morning -- uh, definitely not up to my preferred kick. So I get fancy and cut up a filter to fit this thing and scoop in my 'bucks and return to find . . . . . grinds and coffee oozing all over the counter top!

I hope this isn't indicative of my weekend . . . .

The drive was interesting. We didn't leave until 3:00 PM, which was two hours later than I planned. It took all of ten minutes for me to take my little "happy pill" to survive riding with Bill. Now I know that sounds rash, but trust me, I brought it up with my doc after April's Myrtle trip and she suggested this option. It must have worked because I didn't have a coronary when he drove straight into a fluorescent freakin' orange barrel in the middle of the service area parking lot!! I yelled stop, but alas, too late! If it had been a prison escapee in that orange jumpsuit -- that would have been the end of them.

The electrical storms we drove through were awesome -- the boys ooohhhed and ahhhhhed throughout. An accident backed up the highway for 3+ miles in Maryland, so we found a little detour and didn't lose much time there. Unfortunately, my "happy pill" ran out right around the DC beltway -- not ideal. Bill moves into the left lane two miles before our exit -- wonderful . . . . maybe I need the extended dose of this sucker . . .

We're here, we're safe -- off to check in and back to relax :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home