Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Welcome to the Mountains!

Yes, the Tour moves into the mountains today!! In honor of the riders hitting the Alps, I rode a hilly course today with a lot of wind. OK, I needed a hilly ride, but since it coordinated with the Tour, I figured I'd tie them together. I just forgot my polka dot jersey for the ride. . . .

I did climb 10 hills and got around 49 miles in before I called it a day. I also hit my record high 44 mph on the long Mitchell's Mill downhill :-) -- sweet!

On my health side, my foot is doing rather well -- probably because my hip pain has officially surpassed my foot pain. I went back to my PT this week and my hip was "out" again . . . . it has be "out" more than it has been "in" this summer. I wore the darn "butt band" all day the last few days and am doing my exercises. On a positive note, I got my new Newton running shoes and LOVE them. They are so light it is insane! After running in my orthopedic "special" shoes, these are amazing. My hip is calming down today, so I hope to run long with Tina tomorrow . . . . we'll see.

After a four month break, I am back on my "vitamin Advil", which is helping my hip. I had to forgo the ibuprofen following my shockwave treatment. I enjoyed the break, but gosh am I sore! Here's hoping I don't have to take it that much . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home