Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

NPC Natural - March 23, 2010

Teresa and me before the evening show!! We got to stand next to each other on stage too!

Not my best back. I would like to be leaner.





OK, it has been over a month and I'm fiiiinallllly posting the results. Basically, it was a disappointment on many levels. I do not feel I had my best body, but I tried a different method and it didn't work. So that I can live with. The way the show was conducted was the biggest issue. In pre-judging they ran us through the paces pretty quickly and the judges seemed to have people all over the board during the call outs. I got drug tested for the Masters, but not the Open and I got called out really late in the open so I knew it wasn't good.

Again, all of that was ok. It was in the evening finals show that I had a major problem. We went up to pose and they told us to only walk across the stage! So Bill and the boys only got to see us walk across -- no photos, no back, basically nothing worth the $100 I spent on their VIP tickets. WTF!!! The bodybuilders all got to do their full 60 second routine and we couldn't turn 4 times and wave???

Then the judging was all over the board. My friend, Teresa, took 6th in masters and beat out some girls in her height class. Well, in the height class they beat her -- significantly. The 11th place masters placed 5th in height and Teresa was 9th in height --- really??? They looked that different 10 minutes after masters pre-judging? Oh, and the "winner" of my height and the 35 Masters class trains with the promoter.....hmmmm.

OK, so huge disappointment. The trophy doesn't even matter this time. I don't see me competing in this contest again unless they make significant changes.

Click on the title to link to the professional photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home