Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Body composition

I'll cut to the chase -- I can in at just under 17% body fat (16.9 - close enough). Last May, I was 14.9 before I started working out with John Henry, so the goal of putting some fat on so I don't lean out too fast apparently has worked. Of course, I could tell you that I added fat without any fancy measurements.....

Now the really big news - my arms are 1.2 inches bigger circumference!!! Wow! I know I will lose some over the course of the next 7 weeks, but on game day, I should be bigger on my upper body -- again, the big picture goal. The last bit of good news is that both sides measured symmetrical.

I am a little bloated starting this new menu and I went up a couple lbs. of water weight with the black bean spicy burgers I ate last night....

Arms - 10.5
Chest - 35
Waist - 29
Hips - 33* wrong, wrong, wrong - when she measured me above my booty, I said I think we have to hit the widest part but she said no. Well, sure enough, last fall days before the show I was 33.5. I am definitely NOT smaller in the hips now!
Thighs - 21
Calf - 14

16.9% body fat

9/30/09 (competition on 10/3/09)
Arms - 9.3
Chest - 33.1
Waist - 26.75
Hips - 33.5
Thighs - 20
Calf - 13.5

12.32% body fat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home