Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

First ride outside

I just had my first outdoor ride of the season and it was wonderful!! Sure, the drivers have to remember not to run me over and I have to relearn which dogs are "contained" and won't chase me into traffic, but, heck, it is March and I am outside for a couple hours!!

I did the hill on the new Greater Cleveland Tri course twice -- much easier than the Sperry hill. I looped around through Geauga Co. before I made my way back to Penitentiary Glen for a pit stop. I'm shocked my bronze plaque isn't on the women's restroom wall -- I mean, come on, I must have stopped in there a thousand times last year training for Ironman! It is a perfect point to run to for my long runs and a good stopping and refilling point for biking.

Anyhoo, my foot is feeling awesome! Last Saturday, the procedure went extremely well. The worst part was getting shot up with the anesthesia (Bill had to leave during that part). My ankle looked like it had a teething ring embedded under the skin. I didn't even feel my foot until Sunday morning, but when I did, I was stunned. I have been compensating even standing and sitting. It is supposed to begin hurting in another week while the healing takes place, but that is a small price to pay. I am only running in the pool for a month, then I'll head outside and see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well. . . .

Oh yes, the rash on my legs is gone . . . . hallelujah!

3 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Glad the process went well! I hope the healing goes well too!

2:49 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Glad things are healing up. How is the new GCT course? I miss that hill already.

10:19 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

Hooray! Sounds like you are doing great! Good luck with the healing.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home