Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

42.3 seconds . . .

Before the run . . .


We still haven't seen a bobsled whip past . . . . ummm, the 16 numbered curves refer to the bobsled track . . . . .


The boys (eagerly???) awaiting our turn

. . . of terror! Yep, we did the Bobsled 1/2 mile run at the Olympic Sports Complex! Yesterday when I was volunteering, Judy from NA Sports offered me four Olympic Passports to allow us to visit sites free. Then she gave me tickets to the Bobsled run --- um, $240 worth for the four of us!! We went as soon as Bill got done checking in bikes and it was incredible. First off, the fact that we all fit into one bobsled with the driver and the brakeman was amazing. Then that I didn't mess up the driver -- I had to hold on to him instead of the handles (was it the cleavage revealing top?). . . . and finally, that I didn't freak out when I heard them ask if everyone was ok just before we started and I heard Conor all the way in the back say a feeble, "No". . . . that made it the longest 42 seconds of my life. I totally forgot the brakeman was behind Conor and for the ride, I had the irrational fear creep into me about what would happen if Conor fell out. . . .

When we finished, Conor's knee was banged, but nothing worse than a fall in soccer. We got our picture, t-shirts, pins, and other goodies too. Pretty sweet treat for a few hours of my time!

I didn't see local folks this morning at the Gatorade swim although I met Tom Ziebart, another of Mickey's buddies.

The other good news is that we have a place to sleep on Sunday night. Two doors up from our condo is available, so we will check out of here and into that for one night. Plus, I've got the real estate broker's name and number . . . . come next week I have a feeling I'll be checking to see if he has anything for next year . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

42.3 awesome seconds! That's great, DC. What an amazing memory you gave those boys.

Now get back to work!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home