Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Lake Placid heats up!

Wednesday and Thursday was as expected. . . . more athletes and families heading in. The big buoys were up on Wednesday and the Gatorade swim was set for Thursday morning. Bill and I did the swim Thursday and it turned beautiful so I stayed by the beach until after noon! Liam and Conor fished for hours and caught several fish the swam (well flapped their gills anyway) in buckets until we left.

We walked downtown last night and it was too crowded at Ben and Jerry's to wait for ice cream. . . . oh well, to be expected I guess.

Bill ran the course on Thursday so he has a clear idea what he is up against for next year. I rode a little bit back on the bike course, but the semis started coming, so I turned around. I got a decent ride in then did one loop of the swim. I expect to run tomorrow. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home