Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Something new!

Oh it has been a long time since I posted! I'm off on a new adventure, so it is time to document this journey . . .

I'm planning to compete in a figure competition in October. Definitely something I never expected to do, so here we go!

My friend, Michelle, is actually the instigator here. She did her first last April and then again this April. We worked together during her first competition, so i got to see her transformation almost every day. She is also the reason I've been lifting more diligently than ever before -- and heavier weights!! So now, I'm going to give it a try and hope to not wind up on YouTube.

My first news is that I got my competition suit today!! It is awesome and everything I expected. I'm working on shoes next -- assuming I can actually walk in 5 inch heels . . . perhaps my biggest challenge!

So much to learn . . . . but I'm looking forward to every step along the way.

OK, my first fun fact -- I put the suit on to see how it fit and Conor's comment after watching me practice quarter turns, was "round buns" . . . I'm gonna take that as a compliment!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Butt when are WE going to see what the suit looks like?

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home