Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Nutrition Update

I got my nutrition plan last Sunday and have followed it diligently for 8 days now. There are 3 days of 5 meals and I rotate through the days. I'm eating every 3 hours (or so) and am full, but I miss being able to just pop something in my mouth when I want it.

I also miss my daily coffee!!! But I negotiated green tea every morning since I was only supposed to have black coffee up to 3 days a week. Saturday and Sunday I had my coffee (without sweet-n-low which I love like a lab rat!) and it was AWESOME!!!

Today was the "fun" day with bananas, rice cakes and peanut butter as part of the menu. Tomorrow I get strawberries, 1/2 orange and some granola (which has whole almonds -- mmmm!) so it is a pretty fun day. Wednesday will be back to the "serious" day.

Of course, there are tons of chicken, turkey, salmon, eggs, tuna (starting to hate it!), and beef. Lots of asparagus, spinach, broccoli, and grilled peppers. I miss the dairy dearly, but I can see results already, so it is working!

I've been in my shoes for an hour (not standing the whole time) and am ready to return to earth! Today was a rest day, so I'm looking forward to hitting the weights tomorrow. My weekly workouts with John Henry have been awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home