Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Getting ready for winter . . .

Yes, today we spent the day getting ready for winter. Bill covered the windows with plastic and I bought a case of wine . . . . what . . ., everyone's got their own priorities. I mean, the wine is one of our favorites and it just happened to be $3 off per bottle PLUS a 10% discount for a case purchase. You may say lush, but I say thrifty . . . or maybe thrifty lush . . . anyway, I'm happy about the windows and our little stash in the basement!

I may need it. Yes, it is most likely a heel spur giving me pain in my left foot. Tuesday the foot doc did a cortisone injection. Also, the top of the foot is hurting from walking funny to compensate the last 2 months. He was able to pull that out, but I continued walking weird on Tuesday until the pain subsided the next day. Yes, I know the fascia could rupture, but that is what a fasciotomy is. Hopefully the pain goes away and stretching works out.

To end my day out, I had my massage and my PT checked out my pelvis -- good news, everything is in place! I worried about it slipping out since I got a little cocky and ran without my trusty butt band in the Underpants Run and a few other runs. But the best news of the day (week?) --- I got a brand new butt band!!! Very sleek and definitely several steps up from my original one!! Can't wait to debut this puppy!!

Oh, yes, I did do a couple workouts this week. I swam a mile on Friday and rode 20 today. I'm ready to get back into the swing of regular workouts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

So what kind of wine did you buy?

I'm doing the ultimate winter prep- It's X-mas decoration week! It's usually Thanksgiving week, but I'll be out of town. I love X-mas decoration week!

Jodi

8:06 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

I think I want to see your PT to discuss my hip and whether I need a butt band, especially since you have found a new sleeker model ;) Do tell on the wine! How long can we get the great discount?

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home