Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy Day!!

Today I rode my bike to work just like I used to do BK (before kids)!! I used to ride in and home a couple times a week, but once Liam was born, I had to pick him up just down the road from work. Ten years of picking the boys up after work, and now they are both at the school near home -- yea!! Oh right, before I get too excited, soccer and baseball practices are just about ready to start again . . .

Bill got my road bike -- '89 Trek 1400 - my first bike as an adult -- ready last night and I packed up my backpack and headed out this morning. I used Conor's flashing red reflector on my backpack and he was really upset that a car may hit me AND HIS FLASHER WOULD BE BROKEN! Ahem, I guess I understand where I rank.

Anyway, it was awesome to get a couple workouts in and save gas $$. And the hill climbing was something else. My heart rate was astronomical -- 170 bpm average on the ride out with a max of 198. When I got home, I jumped in the car to pick up the boys at school.

Then I had lunch with Naira since she is in town this week. I always have a blast with her. She has the Boston Marathon just around the corner and a sore hamstring now, so I hope she heals fast. We talked about the Hawaii IM lottery that we entered into. . . not really sure if being selected would be a good thing or not. Just a couple weeks to find out.

Ahh, now I have that sweet tiredness from kicking my butt not once, but twice today . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home