Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

I'm Back . . .


The good news is that my foot is doing extremely well! The shockwave treatment has been a godsend. I started back running just after Easter and have about 40 miles on the books in the past month.
I ran the Captains 5k race yesterday and finished in 24:31, which was only 27 seconds off last year's race! I finished a surprising 3rd for my age group and was thrilled with how my foot felt.
I stopped posting in Myrtle Beach when I couldn't upload any pictures and I didn't want to spoil the birthday surprise for my friend Roland. Now that I'm back in action, I promise to keep up-to-date.
The Eagleman half-iron race is on June 10th, so I have a lot of training to do, but my goal is to go and have a nice training race to get ready for later in the season.

2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

Glad to hear it Deirdre! Welcome back!

8:23 AM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Glad to see you back. Happy training for the half!!!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home