Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Updates

Today I ran 8 miles. I'm thrilled that my foot is doing so well -- not pain-free, but no where near the pain I experienced prior to the shockwave treatment. I don't think it hurts while I run, but afterward I feel a little pain. Three weeks until Eagleman -- which means my 13.1 mile run there will most likely be the first time this year I run that far . . . . I need to keep in mind it is a training day . . . I can race in July and August . . .

This week I had my metabolic testing done at work. I discovered that I didn't lose my base even with my reduced training. More good news :-) Finding time to train is still my biggest issue this year. My swimming is greatly reduced and most of my biking is when I ride to and from work. I'm hoping to keep riding 1-2 days each week. Heading up those hills on my 18 year old bike with an extra 15 lbs. from my backpack certainly makes the weekend rides on my tri bike fly!

Speaking of which, yesterday I got to ride with Bill for the first time in ages! Ahhh, time to reorient to the little things like when he rides ahead to the intersection and tells me to go though -- he forgot that he's supposed to say "clear" and "stop" instead of "go" and "no" -- which sound identical as I approach. He did wave me through one stop sign until the last second when he yelled "STOP". Oh, this will be a fun training season . . .

The boys are doing well. I'm finally catching up after their birthdays a few weeks ago. Conor is done with soccer on Saturday mornings, but we had his opening day for baseball yesterday. Liam has soccer today . . . it is one event after another, but I enjoy it. So, off to do errands until soccer . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home