Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Friday, June 08, 2007

Eagleman . . . . or bust!

OK, soccer is over (for now) and hopefully I can train more diligently. Not that I haven't done a decent job of squeezing workouts in between soccer games and Junior Achievement classes, but a half Ironman race with minimal (and I mean minimal) training under my belt, is NOT my idea of a great game plan.

I really wish I were just doing the pre-race "I'm so sick, under-trained, sore, . . . . fill in the blank" excuse, but truly, my only biking has been to and from work on my road bike and a longer ride on the weekend. Most -- ok, all but one bike was under 40 miles. Last Saturday, I did do 54 to boost my confidence. I've jacked up my long runs the last 4 weeks from 5 to 12 (thanks, Tina!) miles. And swimming (my personal favorite) has suffered to the tune of only 1 workout each week -- 1800 to 2200 yards. YIKES, when I look at it like that, I'm a little nervous, but Sunday is a training day (someone remind me of that at the start . . . .).

Anyhoo - I haven't been online to see who will be there from the Cleveland Tri Club, but I hope to spot someone out there. My friend, Kathy, called and is headed there from Florida. Two years ago she got here Kona slot here, so we'll see what happens this year. My guess is she's angling for Clearwater.

Enough for now -- I must finish packing before Bill pulls in. We shove off soon. I hope to have time to post from Maryland or Myrtle Beach (our final destination this week!).

Stay tuned . . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

Good luck!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I have total faith in you! You know, sometimes races with no pressure are the most fun!

:-)

Jodi

2:24 PM  
Blogger Clot Buster said...

ALL THE BEST!!!
You will rock that course like it is your business!
Just take your time and that finish line will be there before you know it!

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home