Deirdre's Tri Stuff and More

Check out my triathlon experiences and other notes. 2006 ~ the year I became an Ironman!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have much to be thankful for especially Bill, Liam, Conor, Dad, Mom and my sibs. . . . all of my friends and extended family . . . my "triathlete" family as well. We are truly blessed in so many ways and I am incredibly thankful.

On the fun side, no I haven't forgotten my blog. I've been getting the house back in order for the holidays and keeping up with sports and school conferences. I am waiting for the first big snow to dump some more Hawaii pictures on the site (I still haven't gone through all of them yet!).

My sporting news is that I am officially competing in IMGM -- yep, Ironman Gobblerman!! Basically instead of 17 hours to complete the Ironman distance, we have 17 days to finish. Oh, and it all has to be INDOORS! Obviously that is not a problem for swimming and biking, but 26.2 miles on the dreadmill . . . and it is in the 50's outside . . . hmmmm, could be my first DNF. So in uncharacteristic fashion, I am taking my good ole time getting started. The gun went off at noon yesterday and I had already done my bike at 8:00 AM so, as of right now, I'm still waiting to start. I was going to run outside today, but perhaps it makes sense to start my IMGM . . . I'll keep you posted . . . in the meantime, have a wonderful holiday and connect with the people you love most . . .

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are stronger than I. When I heard the word "treadmill", I decided to DNS instead. I will be rooting for you to win!

Happy Holidays!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Good for you for signing up! I'm with Jen. I couldn't doom myself to doing my long runs on the dreadmill. Good luck!

Jodi

10:06 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

That's such a cool idea!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home